7 Upcycling Hacks for Organization
When I had to cleaning my room as a child, my brothers and I would sometimes invent little games to play while we put our toys away. We would imagine ourselves as various cartoon characters, superheroes, or Power Rangers, and our cleaning would be elevated to a heroic task. As the oldest, I was always the red ranger. This was never disputed.
As an adult, I find my lack of personal organization to be one of my greater annoyances when coming home after a busy day. I know that I’m not alone: particularly during the school year, it seems like the entire world is conspiring against you in order to keep your home cluttered, messy, and generally difficult to navigate. So I propose a solution: Why not make a tiny art project out of your own disorganization?
Perfect Rubber Mulch has gathered 8 DIY projects that involve repurposing common household items into something much more useful – and not to mention fun! Particularly if you get the kids involved, these cute and clever activities may help you hack your way towards a little more productivity.
1. Tennis Ball Keyholder – Never misplace your keys again with this adorable idea for a keyholder!
2. Shoe Rack Cleaning Supplies Storage – Make efficient use of your hallway closet door by hanging a shoe rack on the back of it, and filling the shoe rack with cleaning supplies.
3. Shoe Box Charging Station – Tired of all your cords and plugs cluttering your desk? I know I am! Clear some space with this neat idea for a hack.
4. Shampoo Bottle Cord Holder – Ever wondered what to do with your old shampoo bottles? Now’s your chance! A cool trick to re-purpose your empty toiletry bottles is to create a little case for your phone and the charger. Once you have the bottle fully cleaned and cut out, the cool part about this project is that the design on the pouch can be whatever you want. You can use spray paint, printed patterns; whatever you’d like. Try it out!
5. Recycled Styrofoam Wall Organizer – This upcycling hack is a bit more complicated – more like a genuine project. Roll-up your sleeves and clear a Sunday afternoon: this is a serious DIY endeavor.
6. Juice Carton Wallet / Coin Purse – As my fellow DIY-ers will know, we will do just about anything to avoid throwing things away. So this juice carton wallet will satisfy both your need to appear awesome and also remain eco-friendly. Give it a try!
7. Wooden Pallet Folding Desk – Here’s another project for expert DIY-ers only. Follow the link in the post for detailed instructions on how to turn a pallet into a space-saving folding desk.
If you like projects like these, be sure to check out our Pinterest account. We are always posting new DIY projects for repurposing common household items. Additionally, be sure to check back next soon for another installment of our upcycling series!